It’s a changed world. Whether it is zoom calls or any other platform, so many of us are working via video calls these days. These video calls, video meetings have become a part of our daily life. Today let’s talk about some Zoom Call Makeup Tips.
- Opt for Luminous skin. Apply moisturizer. Apply foundation/tinted moisturizer. I prefer tinted moisturizer.
- Concealer to cover any dark circles, blemishes.
- Add a blush and highlighter. Set everything with a powder. I have an oily t-zone, so I always start to set my face with powder in the center and then move outwards.
- Go for shimmery eyeshadow shades. Neutral, matte shades do not show up well on camera. Line your eyes with your favorite black or brown eyeliner. Curl your lashes and add 2 coats of your favorite mascara.
- Define your brows. Very important. Brows define your face, and highlight your eyes. For this reason, never skip this step.
- Add some colored gloss or a lipstick. This defines your lips and makes them look hydrated. Dry lips can be a distraction. You must also add a pop of color, because the camera washes you out. Your regular neutral might not be visible on screen.
- Take care of roots, with touch up sprays. Sleep in braids help with beachy waves. Condition to take care of fly always.
- Dry shampoo is your friend.
I do my eyes first, then apply foundation, concealer. But I know many people apply foundation first, then do their eye makeup. Do whatever you are comfortable with. Only reason I do my eyes first is because I can clean up the undereye area with foundation, concealer later.
Hopefully these makeup tip help you look fabulous on your next Zoom Call.
Even if you have your makeup in place, sometimes things don’t look right. I have a few general tips here, to help you with Zoom Calls.
- Lighting is the key to everything. Set up your equipment in a place where you have front facing light. Face front facing light.
- Position your phone, computer/laptop for the best angle. Check out what else is in the frame. Background should not be too distracting.
- Look well rested. Some makeup, concealer, helps with this.
- Pay attention to what you are wearing. Choose something that compliments your skin. Solid black, whites and reds are to be avoided as they throw shadows, affect the exposure of the camera. Do not wear the same color as your background. Accessorize.
My Product Picks
For reference I use Chanel 40 Beige, and have been color matched to NC37-NC40 in the past.
Foundation- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, $50. Buy it at Nordstrom
Concealer- NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, $30 at Sephora
Blush- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, $40. Buy it at Nordstrom, Sephora
Highlighter- Benefit Cosmetics Watt’s Up, $30 at Sephora
Setting Powder- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, $48 at Nordstrom